Thursday, May 28, 2009

Internet Safety Campaign

Hmmm, a rich paragraph? That is a word that has never been used to describe my writing. We discussed Microsoft Publisher and Inspriration this week. I have to be honest Inspiration is not something that I liked doing although I can see how it would benefit many students. It's a great way to organize things. I also think that introducing students to different types of orgaziation tools is very important. I shouldn't make my students organize like me. It won't work because we aren't all as crazy as I am. Ha Ha, humor. Seriously though I think that it would be really good in science for grouping things instead of just making lists. Inspiration also has color which is something I do like a lot. I think using color can really help in any area of teaching. I have worked a very tiny bit on Publisher before. I like the templates and I think that the brochure would be a good study tool. As for doing campaigns, not really my thing in life. The thoughts to paper process is extremely hard for so I try to avoid it as much as I can. I do think that publisher would be a good way for students to present what they know for projects. Again not everyone is as handicapped as myself! I think that in using Publisher for projects they are gaining an advantage because they're using tools that will come in handy later on. Like for myself I am making a brochure for my sister to send out in bulk mailing in the town she lives in advertising her mini storage business. I just see these tools as great ways for students to branch out and learn things. They may know technology but a lot of them don't know ways to study and organize themselves. These things give them oportunities to do that. It also gives us as teachers great ways to move away from those standard assignments that are so boring!
I think the biggest thing that I'll need to do is learning creative ways to bring them into the classroom so that I don't end up doing boring assignments out of frustration. I think that I will need to just sit and take homework assignments and try to incorrporate them into these new tools. I also think one thing not to forget is that some students do learn from writing it down on paper. That is one thing that we don't want to forget is to give choices.

3. Now What? - where do you need to go from here? Do you need to learn more about this specific tool? Is there another tool that does a similar thing that you want to learn? Do you need to find ways to use the tool in your subject area? This is a chance for rich reflection about where you are and where you need to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment