Monday, May 11, 2009

My Beliefs

I believe that technology in the classroom is important, even if the students know more than the teacher sometimes! I think it makes a stronger connection between the students and the teacher also. Plus I know they love to show off what they know about computers and phones so if a teacher needs help they are more than willing to offer it. The only thing that I worry about is it can really be abused by some teachers, the bad ones. I don't want my daughters teachers having her cell phone number, it makes me uncomfortable. I certainly don't want them texting her. I think as a teacher you have to be really careful to draw a very thick line and stay far away from it. If you want to communicate with students by email then they need to have an account that the parent can access also or something of that sort.

I also don't know if I agree with holding class on the internet like they did in Park City. It's really cool for the AP students but I also think when a school closes the school they need to accept the consequenses. There are a lot of parents who aren't stay at home and can't be there to this and everyone needs to be taken into consideration. I just think that we need to be careful that technology doesn't run away from us. It's like that saying about shutting the barn door after the horse is gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment