Monday, May 11, 2009

Strengths and Weaknesses

I think my biggest strength and weakness is that I know some but not enough. A little bit of knowledge is a dangerous thing! Plus I'm very unsure of myself in front of others. On my own I can muddle through things and curse at the computer but I can't really do that in front of my class. I know a lot but just not enough. I think my biggest strength is that I want to learn and that I think it's fun.

My goal is to be like the science teacher at Orem Jr. High that one of my science classes visited. He was so awesome! He used podcasts, twitter, had the clickers for class, videos, everything. He used technology as much as he could and it was totally cool. I would have loved to have him as a teacher. So I just want to learn as much as I can so that I can use it.

How I'm going to improve is by asking people and researching it. I found some websites that talk about integrating science into the classroom and I know that there are more. Plus I know quite a few people who work on computers that can help me or steer me in the right direction. So I want to practice as much as I can before I start student teaching in January.

1 comment:

  1. I need you to be specific here. Tie your strengths and weaknesses back to the NETS and TICS. What, precisely, are your goals? Did you find some tutorials/workshops/etc. to help you meet those goals?

    ReplyDelete